Greetings, fellow bloggers!
Here’s the basic idea:
- There is a bingo card for each season. This one is for December, January and February.
- The object is to get as many bingos as possible, using one square per book.
- At the end of the season, there will be a giveaway. The more bingos you get, the more chances you have to win.
Here’s some books I have in mind so far:
- Green Cover: “Robert E. Lee’s Orderly” by Al Arnold
- Banned Book: “The Perks of Being a Wallflower” by Stephen Chbosky
- Not YA (ha, so many to choose from, as I rarely read YA!): “Half Broke Horses” by Jeannette Walls
- Twitter poll: “Missing You” by Harlan Coben
- Crime: “No Good Son” by J.L. Vaughan
- 2017 Debut: “Almost Missed You” by Jessica Strawser
- White Cover: “Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk” by Kathleen Rooney (currently reading)
- Nature on Cover: “Cold Mountain” by Charles Frazier
- Set Abroad: “A Gentleman in Moscow” by Amor Towles
- Blue cover: “Close Your Eyes, Hold Hands” by Chris Bohjalian
- Sequel: “Early Warning” by Jane Smiley
- Goodreads Choice Nominee: “The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo” by Amy Schumer
- Cover Buy: “The Wife, the Maid and the Mistress” by Ariel Lawhon
- December/January/February Release: “The Good Daughter” by Alexandra Burt
- Super Hyped: “Go Set a Watchman” by Harper Lee
I welcome suggestions for Alternative Format, Survival, Romance, Unreliable Narrator, Science Fiction, LGBT, Own Voices (not even sure what that means … first person?), Pink Cover and Urban Fantasy.
Just to help you guys out with recommendations, I’m not a fan of gratuitous violence or sex and I avoid books about paranormal stuff. Sorry if I sound finicky, but that’s just how I roll.
Who else is participating in Winter Bookish Bingo? Any progress thus far?